Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Vow...

To the one and only person i'll be holding hands with,

You know i have nothing -- no treasure nor property -- to give you but one thing I can give you is my most sacred thing under heaven: my life and my love. In time, you may cause me deep sorrow but i know in my heart that you never meant that or bring me great joy but it is not what you can bring me in a material way that will give me true happiness -- for riches without love is nothing; the gift without the giver is bare.

In our life as husband and wife, I know that you will often lean for strength and inspiration, look for encouragement, for cheerfullness and confidence. As your wife, i will never deprive of giving you those instead give you my love, devotion and more. No matter what the world may say or think about our love, i will never be ashamed and turn my back on you, on us.

As long as we are together and with our great love for each other, keeping our memories alive in how we met and how fate got us back together will serve as our inspiration to hold on amidst all the trials.

No comments: